Saturday, March 1, 2014

Inspiration For The Living Room

The last week I've been really sick with a bad cold.  Between being sick, working part time, and running the kids here and there I haven't gotten much done except look on the Internet.

Two of the nicest ladies I have met online gave me some great inspiration.

Kim from Living Vintage has this great photo of her dogtrot breezeway.
I love this for my ceiling if I paint it.


But then there's this picture from a cottage in Arkansas were the boards are left unpainted.

As for how I'm going to do the floor....

Cindy from Glass Slipper Restorations had this picture of her bathroom. Maybe I should do a pattern?


This is also pretty cool.  A painted like rug?


Or random flowers?  From Cutting Edge Stencils

I like the colors in the above picture.  Maybe make a rug with the flowers in the middle?


Or paint and then lightly distress?


Will it look funny with stained baseboards that are refinished?

So these are the things I've been pondering.  

BUT first the drywall has to come down and that's a big job!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady, I'm behind on reading, trying to catch up and just found this post. Thanks for the mention and feature! I Love Kim's home, looks like your having fun and I know you will fiqure it out sooner or later! I've been thinking about painting a rug on my front porch this spring.

    ReplyDelete