Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kitchen Reno Part 10: Electrocution

This hasn't been the best day for me.  First I'm still dealing with pulled muscles and such but I really wanted to finish the beadboard behind the counters. 


Then I burned myself on the heat gun:


That heat gun is serious business.

I had promised Nicholas I would have lunch with him.  I thought McDonald's would be good.  I haven't had a hamburger from there in a long time.


Well...it did not sit well with me and I would up getting sick when I got home.


Then I go to finish scraping.  I really wanted to sand and prime the rest of the beadboard.  I was so excited.  Then this happened:



I got too close to an electrical outlet.  The scraper slipped and hit the outlet.  Sparks flew and I threw the breaker.  I felt like I was living a Renovation Realities Nightmare episode.

I did find this after scraping the upper cabinet door.

  

I don't know what that dates back too.  It's almost like a cut out from a piece of wallpaper that they put on.  I'm not sure.


I need a drink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment