Saturday, August 3, 2013

Painting the Back!

I feel like this part lingered and lingered.  I started scraping in May.  I just couldn't quite get up the energy to finish this for some reason.  Maybe it was wrapping up school, photo sessions, three kids playing sports.  Something like that.  What was my excuse in June?  Not sure.  


I don't think I can put into words how tired I am of scraping, sanding and painting the outside.


At some point there was blown in insulation done to this house.  They cut holes at the top.  But on this side of the house I didn't see any holes.  Also it was freezing in the kids bathroom during the winter and hot in the summer.  I decided how about I remove a piece of siding and see what's behind there?
Whomp whomp no insulation...


There was one gap in the boards and you can see the old wallpaper.  I'm thinking 50's maybe?  You can't tell in this picture but it was kind of a bluish green color. On the other side the shiplap is covered with drywall.

I put my oldest son to work sanding the boards we took down.

Some of the wood on the other side was painted.  Not sure why.  This would be the would facing the exterior siding.  You can see the old nails and there's burlap.

103 year old wood.  Excellent condition.  This is a picture I took of the inside to make sure everything looked OK.

There were a few holes from plumbing.  I sprayed some Great Stuff.

I put the boards back, installed insulation and after about three tubes of caulk we were ready for paint!

Primer!

We have paint!  Can't believe it took so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment