Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kitchen Reno Part 5: Primer and Paint!

We have primer and paint, people!!

So, it was pretty miserable BUT I'm half way there.

I sanded as best as I could.  Sanding the ceiling was very hard to say the least.  Yeah, not the best picture but I wanted a picture of me in all my misery.


My big goal this weekend was to finish the ceiling.  I knew it would be the hardest and the messiest.  So glad that's over!

PRIMER!!



Remember the holes in the beadboard above the stove?  Joe worked on that today.  After a few fights over why I never put his tools up he cussed his way through this project like a champ and got it done!





So I never ever thought I would paint a wall in my house white.  I love color but there is just something about white bead board. (still have to put the trim back but I can't decide if I should paint it white or green like the ceiling so I 'm waiting.)


I painted the ceiling this subtle green color which matches the dining room.  This will also be the color of my cabinets.  You can see the color better in the above photo.  The bottom photo doesn't show the color as well but it does show what I like to call charachter. That's what you call something that's not perfect and you don't know how to fix it.    I wasn't sure what to do about the little separations. On the wall I caulked them but on the ceiling, well let's face it that would be a pain in the a$$.  But I kind of like it.  It looks like an old house.




Remember the horrible trim around the door?


And....
Ta Da!!


That is Cabot Brown Mahogany.  My favorite stain ever.  It's so rich without being too dark.  I love it!



The wood is just soaking up the paint on the ceiling even though it already has two coats of previous paint.  I already primed it and this is one coat of paint.  It probably needs two more.  I brushed on the primer and first coat of paint to make sure I got in all the nooks and crannies.  The next coat I hopefully can roll on.


 
On to tomorrow and working on the next wall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment