Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kitchen Reno Part 3: Slowly, Sorely and Surely

The fumes of the paint gun  are really starting to get to me.  I thought at first I would be a regular organized person.  I would scrape everything.  Then sand, then prime and paint.  Well, dang it I need instant gratification and I can't take the fumes!  Sooooo, the new plan is to do a wall at a time.  Plus my new light fixture is coming soon and I don't want to have to worry about painting around it.


I usually love the oops section at Lowe's and Home Depot.  Lately I haven't been too happy with what I bought.  This is supposed to be white.  I opened it up very excited and I notice it has a pink tinge to it.  I was hoping it was just my imagination.




Nope it's really somewhat pink.  But I only paid five bucks so who cares.  And then you can see the yellow disaster on the left.  Yuck.






Remember the lumps?


Well, here's what's underneath it. Someone had put spackle over the nail holes.


One of the reasons I'm scraping.  See how the paint is cracked at the joints?  Also, how the ridges are so filled in?  


After using the heat gun and scraping this is what it looks like.  Fortunately it turns into this powdery stuff and comes off pretty easy.



I'm getting there!












Hopefully tomorrow this wall will have primer!


I leave you with this adorable picture of my dog Sprite who expects me to pick her up and carry her around whenever she jumps and cries at my feet.  Usually I do.  Who could resist that little face?



No comments:

Post a Comment